Monday, June 28, 2010

Remember when you were a kid and at the end of a really hot summer day you looked like this?

This pictures describes my life right now.

Exhausted.

The problem: there's really no good reason to be exhausted. We've done nothing big. It's just with the heat and how hard kids play outside and how tiring 2 precious kiddos can be...the girls and I are wiped out!

Our life is small. It's simple. But very significant.

Every decision we've made has brought us to this moment. All the good decisions and the bad ones. The older I get the more I realize the importance of small daily decisions.

Today I made one really good small decisions. I closed the cabinet door where I normally get my afternoon snack. I saw skittles, and after having a long staredown with the skittles...I won.

I resisted.

No need to applause, I already patted myself on the back.

To congratulate myself for no afternoon unhealthy snack, I'm going to rest for a little bit while my girlies rest.

I also realize the older I get....naps rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment