Wednesday, June 30, 2010

booty kicks

This is the moment I've looked forward to all day.

Sitting here. 3rd floor. Kids asleep. Total peacefulness.

Today has been one of those days where I worked REALLY hard to be thankful for every moment I have been blessed with and not anticipate the start of tomorrow just to get today over with.

You know those days? Where you either want to sleep or watch a movie or do something just to make the time pass by faster just so it will be the next day.

But I refuse to allow myself to want to get today done with. I refuse to throw away a perfectly wonderful and beautiful day that the Lord has made and blessed me with.

When I was pregnant with Lily, I remember thinking EVERY single day 'enjoy it now. it's the last time in your whole life that you won't have a piece of you out there somewhere'. So I did. I enjoyed every minute of being pregnant. When Lily was born I enjoyed every moment of her being a baby, even though the toddler phase is my favorite.

When pregnant with Khloe I made myself enjoy it (even though there was puking 10, 15, sometimes 20 times a day). It was the only time in my life where I would only have one piece of me out there somewhere in the world.

Before having kids, I would be the person who if I was having one of 'those' days I would do anything to rush it along just to start tomorrow fresh. But now I find myself completely unable to do it. Someday I will look back at this time in my life when my girls were young and spent every day with me...I do not want to look back and think about what more I could have done to enjoy life more. I want to look back and think 'I did the best I could every day'.

My girlies are tucked into their beds. It's now my time to sit back and breathe. And breathe deep breaths I will. I will pray for much rejuvenation and blessings to come with a long nights rest.

The best part of days like this? I have a Heavenly Father who can deal with this emotional girl :-) When I lay in bed tonight and am praying..and my emotions get the best of me, He'll hold me while I cry.

Don't feel too bad for me though...I cry at anything. I cry during Ariel when she finally gets her voice back and says 'Eric!' and Eric realizes Ariel is who he loves. I cry at Lily's preschool station when the 2 'hosts' of the show (moose & zee) learn how to share and decide to help out another animal who doesn't have a toy to play with. I cry 4-5 times during Finding Nemo.....every time. I could continue the list, but you get it. I cry...a lot. Happy tears though.

So..tonight I will have a tear or two drop while I lay in bed praying to Him who holds me close at all times. And I won't cry because I'm sad, I'll cry because I feel blessed to know Him and know all He does for me.

And on an end note...God puts such great people in my path during days like today. Today's 'messanger'? A very dear friend to me who God is using to teach me many lessons :-) A very dear friend who had the gumption to send me a gutsy message to kick my booty into gear. A very dear friend who expects more out of me. A very dear friend who desires the best out of me.

Thank you friend. I felt you kick my booty today.

No comments:

Post a Comment