Monday, June 28, 2010

on/off button

My mind is constantly going and sometimes I think 'i wish God would've given me an on/off button for my mind'. Is it a girl/guy thing? or a personality thing? My mind is a whirlwind nearly all the time.

Maybe it's because I'm a multitasker.

You know, it takes skill to be cooking lunch for 4 different people who are all eating different foods, while preparing a bottle and cereal for Khloe, while consoling a crying baby, while listening to a 3 year old constantly speaking her mind, and Ariel singing in the background and my phone ringing/beeping.

Ah.

I got a little stressed out just reliving the moment.

If my mind did have an on/off button, I'd turn it off in about 10 minutes from now when I lay my head on my pillow. But instead, that's when my mind insists on kicking into high gear.

So I will pray. I will pray for a long time tonight. Because there are so many needs and wants worth praying for.

I have a few particular people tonight I'll be praying for. More and more every day I realize that even the smallest decisions we make and habits we form greatly impact our life.

On an end note, I must say I am one very blessed lady :-) I am married to an amazing man, who when God calls in big ways, Kory steps up and allows God to work through him. I love it. When I was a little girl I had a list in my mind of exactly what I wanted my future husband to be like. God far exceeded my highest expectations and gave me a warrior of a man to stand by me and lead me (who knew that was possible!). I prayed for Kory before I knew he existed. Now I thank God for him every day.






No comments:

Post a Comment